Mukul Jain from Intoxicated Fashion, recently took interview of Ollia Alexandra Rarisame. She is a fashion designer in London and a girl with passion for fashion. Lets see what she says.
1. Who are you?
Ollia: I am half Russian half Greek, I love this mix, my father even has some Iranian blood,
gives me a colourful background, but i was raised in Russia then lived in Greece and Miami
for a short time. I am a fashion designer living in London. My label name is Rarisame.
2. What sparked your interest in fashion designing?
Ollia: I simply wanted to make what i wanted to wear myself and could find a perfect fit, or
3. Are you self-taught or did you study fashion design?
Ollia: I went to London college of fashion which i didn’t think was the strongest school
4. What is your inspiration this season?
Ollia: My inspiration is black colour this season. I love black
5. How long have you been into fashion industry?
Ollia: About 4 years. But I have been doing sketching as my hobby since I was in school.
6. How has your work evolved since you began your own label?
Ollia: More responsibility more pressure, but i love it.
7. Have your prices become more appealing to people as a result?
Ollia: my prices simply reflect quality
8. What is your personal style?
Ollia: everyday chic, but i can go quite casual as well on those lazy days
9. How is your work received internationally?
Ollia: So far i had some amazing propositions from Germany and London in major!! Which i
am super excited about.
10. What is the biggest lesson you learnt since you started your own label?
Ollia: You can please everyone.
11. Who are your idols?
Ollia: Have no idols. Idols are for people with no opinion
12. What do you hate/ love about being a fashion designer?
Ollia: It’s a hard industry to be in, but i love how you can express yourself like in no other industry
13. If given a chance, whom will you hire as your brand ambassador and shows topper?
Ollia: Jourdun Dunn, she’s super-hot .
14. What is your vision?
Ollia: I want to see people wearing my collection. They should be cool, be chic , be sexy but
15. What makes a best design? List any 5 things.
Ollia: quality, wearability, functionality, timeless designs, flattering colour
16. What advice would you give to startup or debut designers?
Ollia: be ready to get lots of criticism and negativity. Don’t let that discourage you. There will
be people who will love your work
17. What is your next 5 year plan?
Ollia: lots and lots but dont wanna jinx it!
18. Anything you want to say to your readers and fans?
Stay tune. Keep working hard.